Blogging tips

Foodster Friday: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I started a food blog over a year ago, but haven't really been able to keep up.  The fact is I'm kinda lusty over food photography, but don't have enough of my shizz together to host several blogs, much less set up a proper food styling and photographing gig.  I do cook quite a bit, though, so I'm going to try to cull some of my hits and misses in the kitchen here.  Since we all indulge a bit more on the weekends, I figured Fridays are as good as any day to do a....series.  (Is that SO two years ago bloggy trend?)

There's a nice selection of cook books in my pantry but, when I'm in "what the hell am I going to cook today" mode, I usually turn to the visuals on Pinterest, Foodgawker, etc.

The other day, I had a craving for a coconut cookie - not a macaroon, though - and found this Coconut Chocolate Chip cookie recipe via Pinterest. 
Super easy.  Required only one mixing bowl.
And, I've pretty much face-planted in them all week.

Sorry for the iPhone visuals, otherwise, you're welcome.

Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup (170 grams) room temperature butter
  • 1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 2/3 (200 grams) cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut *I had closer to a cup, and it worked out just fine
Instructions
  1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add the egg and vanilla extract, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well.
  3. Slowly add the flour mixed with the baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
  4. With a spatula stir in the coconut and the chocolate chips.
  5. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on two baking sheets (lined with parchment paper) and place them in the fridge to chill for few minutes.
  6. Meanwhile heat the oven to 375F.
  7. Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes (depending on how big they are) until the edges start to brown.
  8. Cool them slightly on the baking sheets before removing.
  9. Enjoy! 
*Recipe adapted from Roxana's Home Baking

Also:
 I used these Guittard chocolate chips - they are dark (not too sweet) goodness
 Enjoy Brazilian-style with an afternoon espresso - sitting on your zeeb chair, ya'll.

1 comments:

Studio Yuko Jones said...

Yum! Reading a foodie interior designer's blog is my dream come true (i'm a food obsessed interior design enthusiast.) Looking forward to more recipes to come :) Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment