Blogging tips

Recent Retail Therapy

The days following Christmas turned out to have good shopping kismet for me. I found this pair of brass lamps at a goin'-outta-bizzness sale. Please tell me they aren't geriatric, because I like the silhouette, and they have substantial weight. I plan to use them on our desk/sofa table - replacing the buffet lamps I painted gold a few weeks back. These will be much, much better. Great shades needed, obvs.

Also, I found a pair of faux bamboo mirrors for my sister at Needless Markup Nieman Marcus Last Call. If you're unfamiliar, the home decor section features overstocks and "seconds" from the store, as well as the Horchow catalog.

We're still debating whether to use the pair (as planned), replacing the console with a larger buffet...
DSC_1097
(Yes, the sponge-painted harlequin pattern will be remedied)

...or, to go singleton style
DSC_1096

I'm usually a two-is-better-than-one kind of gal, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

6 comments:

Julie said...

NOT geriatric - love them!

And I need to go to NM Last Call. Are you talking about the outlet? Because I have one near me and this is looking very promising ....

Life of Style said...

ahhh retail therapy, I am in desperate need! I say 2 is better than 1 and thanks for the tip about NM.

my favorite and my best said...

those mirrors are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey E. said...

Most def 2. Love the lamps too! Makin some GOOD progress over there.

JJ said...

hiya! I've never commented before!

I think the solo mirror looks best but the wall is so big! (good problem to have.)

What if there was a bigger table AND both mirrors behind both of tohse hot little lamps & something much bigger in the middle?

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

Hey Allison!

Still in Texas? How's your trip been? If this is your sister's house, it is very lovely! I have a lamp addiction and can't help myself from scooping them up when I see good ones. I see lots of potential in those babies.

Post a Comment