Blogging tips

Sista's On a Mission

Brooke (my little sis) and I hit some antique malls recently. Our mission: find interesting (read: not mass-produced) table lamp to sit atop her new side table.

Project table - cute little black pedestal in living room
College-era floor lamp to be replaced by (hopefully) cool, non-standard-issue table lamp.

(Hint: Big Sister Alison had something like this in mind)
Keep in mind, this was a relatively major event for me as I was baby-free and able to really nose around the places.....it went a little bit like this....

Unbeknownst to me, said antique store has a fair selection of repro hardware. Note to self: return with measurements to replace TV stand hardware...
Oh my! A perfect little metal lawn chair - Avery worthy, indeed!

Heard of milk glass, but not of "noir" glass - I was crazy about these black, nobby goblets and pitcher, and can totally see them in a black/white/silver or gold tablescape. Eddie Ross, where are you when I need you?!

I was a huge Nancy Drew fan as a little girl, and recognized many a title in this wow-ey collection. Cool. Very Cool.

Well, well, well....what do we have here??? Nothing less than a way-cool-for-school, retro, ceramic gourd lamp. In good condition, with shade. Can we say - Mission Accomplished?!
**We'll be updating Mr. Cool Lamp in the next day or two, and will definitely get back to you with B&A's!

**Photos courtesy of sister Brooke's iphone

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a FUN day! Man, I wish I was in Victoria antique shopping with you two cool cats. Can't wait to see the finished product! And yes, wouldn't you kill to go shopping with Eddie Ross and put together one of those fabulous tablescapes?!?!

Post a Comment