Blogging tips

Slight Design Derailment

Well, we attempted to hang the gray velvet drape (remember my oh-so-clever-and-budget-friendly idea for behind our TV? - see below pic) Needless to say, the idea fell flat - the drape wasn't wide enough (even though I measured, and thought it would work), and it just didn't develop as I envisioned it. Don't you hate it when that happens? Unfortunately, I think it's all part of the creative process....

So, I'm back to the drawing board... The small cabinet is just not working on that vast, white wall....Ben suggested we have an armoire, etc made (especially since the dollar is actually pretty strong down here right now), but I so wanted to do something a little less traditional. Will have to think about this one a bit...and welcome any suggestions...

On a better note, got the swatches to work with the Della Lemon. Remember, I'm going for a coordinating, but not too matchy-matchy fabric for the other side chair in the TV room? I loved both of these when I received them - they are an unbleached, slubby kind of linen, with yellow pattern. Either will work great with the Della - especially since they won't be right next to it - but does the linen work? My couch is a putty color...does it need to be a "sharper" look? Maybe I'm being waaay too Type A! Feedback wanted on the fabrics!!
You know, I really thought of my Mom when I got these in - she's such a Yellow kind of person! You know those questions you get on personality tests "what color do you see yourself as?" etc.... I've always struggled with it - I'm very Orange at times, but always gravitate towards, and want to be White and Turquoise as well.... What color are you?

Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving, mes amis! I'll catch you on the other side of the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment