Blogging tips

Let's talk about House of Cards

Our holiday weekend was non-eventful.  Ben had to work some, and the girls had school on Monday, so ours wasn't your traditional Memorial Weekend, kicking off the American Summer.

I do feel like we participated in a little bit of National Past-time-ness, though.  Ben and I got some serious TV time in, watching the entire series of House of Cards.
We've been in Brazil five years, and as far as I'm concerned, blissfully ignorant of most TV pop culture.  I've never seen an episode of Downtown, Mad Men, or Breaking Bad.  
It seems a little ironic, then, that shortly before we move back Stateside (to the DC area, no less), we find ourselves completely addicted to this show that elicits the worst you can imagine about the inner workings in the Nation's Capital.
In the most twisted-delicious way.
Kevin Spacey at his finest/darkest.  If you, (like me) loved him in the Usual Suspects, American Beauty, or Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, you're going to piss your pants over HoC.
Robin Wright is brilliant, beautiful, and so on-the-mark as the ultimate Washington Power Wife.  (Aside: Have you SEEN her bod?  Isn't she 50-something?  Amazing.)
Previously unknown to me - Kate Mara - with her piercing doe eyes - makes me fearful of my daughters growing up. 

I apologize if this is old news.  I tend to be late to the scene like that.  If I'm not, then - go.  Subscribe to Netflix, and try not to binge on the whole season in one sitting.

Put the kids to bed first.

*P.S. - Come back tomorrow.  I got to interview the woman who's brought us photos like this.
 via Rue
It's insightful, and just overall badass.   See you then.

1 comments:

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i keep hearing that i need to get into this! i need to make time. im afraid of another tv show commitment!

Post a Comment