Blogging tips

S&M Artist

Ah HA! Caught your attention with that one, didn't I?
Sorry, no kinkiness to be had here.
Unless you consider vintage furniture finds oddly sexual.

It's just that sometimes, late, when I've had a couple Maaaahtinis (Friday), I like to look at furniture and things I'll never be able to ship down to the wiles o' South 'Merica.
First, I get all giddy at the coolness of something, and how I'd reconfigure it in my space.
Then, I get pissed and resentful that I'm so freaking far from the love of Craig, Etsy, and Ebay.
Then,
I just get another maaahtini.

BUT
There's no reason you can't possibly benefit from my perusings, so here, have at 'em.  Just be sure to tell them Alison in Brazil sent you.
Velvet and chrome sofa HERE 
Work it like this







 This lamp would work nicely to add color interest to just about anywhere.  Lose the shade, though.

Good price on this one, too.
Think like this 
I'm dying to work with some chairs like this to put around an oval tulip table.  See if the seller will sell them apart from the table.  Here
And while we're on the subject of dining sets, check out the hotness (well, the potential hotness) of this one.  Cushy-bouncy chairs beg for drawn-out dinners and wine.  No, that doesn't happen at our casa, but it might at yours!
And, last but not least... I sold my large, wood desk, and am looking for a leaner/cleaner replacement.  This one's a budget-buster, but can't you just imagine?
Oh, yes.  Yes, I could.


 Inspired by

5 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

Great post! Love these pieces! I'm obsessed with etsy, craigslist and ebay too : )

Laura said...

Oh dear. I live in Thailand and do the same lustful-long distance shopping of things I can never have. But then I go get an $8 foot massage and things even out.

alison g. said...

@Laura - I like the way you think!

sabo_meenyo said...

thanks for featuring my lamp...i'd be glad to ship it to Brasil...although it would probably cost an arm and a leg!
-Stacey from HappyGoVintage
www.happy-go-vintage.blogspot.com

sabo_meenyo said...

Thanks for featuring my lamp! I'd be glad to ship it to Brasil...but it would probably cost an arm and a leg!
-Stacey, HappyGoVintage
www.happy-go-vintage.blogspot.com

Post a Comment