My jaw dropped when I spied our next guest's H spot! Anyone else out there go batty over great art? Welcome Daniela of Aesthetic Oiseau (oh, and try not to stare!)
Hello MLHP-ers! When Alison asked us to share our H Spots, mine was a clear choice. Hands-down, one of my favorite things in our home is this fantastic painting by Alexandria, Virginia artist Murney Keleher.


As you can see, it is a vibrant hue of orange with the most lovely touches of turquoise and blue - and the subject matter is chairs! Perfect for this design lover. I positively adore Ms. Keleher's interpretation of this chair arrangement and am honored that such a beautiful piece from a local artist graces the walls of my house.
The painting sits in a very prominent position right as you walk into our house and living room. It's definitely a focal point and I find myself staring at it often. It's also the first piece of "real" art Carter and I purchased, so it has taken on sentimental value.
Thanks for letting me share a little piece of our house Alison!
Ohhhh, lovely artwork...adore orange! Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great piece! The orange is perfecto!
ReplyDeleteGreat artwork!
ReplyDeleteOrange is one of my fave colours, particularly for accents. It's such a happy colour, so no wonder it goes so well in your H-Spot feature (great idea by the way - I love it!).
ReplyDeleteBeautiful artwork is such an important ingredient in any home I think.
Linda. :)
Ok you did warn me but, resistance is futile! I've been staring, drooling and lusting after that painting.
ReplyDeleteI saw The thumbnail of it on my blog side bar and clicked on it at lightning speed.
Sarah
OH I LOVE this!! The colors are similar to one of my paintings! You can see it
ReplyDeleteHERE
Rachel @ theinspiredhouse.org