Blogging tips

Daydreamin'

There are many days where I fall prey to daydreaming about how I'll design our home once we get back to The States. I look at our sad, abused microfiber sofa and pine for the day I'll be able to purchase a nice, quality sofa in the fabric of my dreams.

My need to temper those thoughts was not aided when I spied the newest additions to Serena & Lily's furniture line.
The Miramar is an ode to the traditional, English roll-arm sofa.
I've recently thought this is the shape I'd go for if in the market, but then S&L did a little tricky-trick and offered my other fave: anything with nailhead trim by way of the Spruce Street Sofa.
I don't know about those legs, though...
Wait! A happy medium? Why, yes! The same Spruce Street in the slipcovered option. Perfect.
Now, if S&L would begin offering a larger selection of fabric options (say, like some veeeeelvet) we'd be in business!

10 comments:

wishful nals said...

a velvet couch is SO on my wishlist. love the ones with legs, too. they're so sophisticated!

Michelle said...

Why yes, velvet would be nice!

Raina Cox said...

Velvet, you say?

;)

Mary said...

How does velevet hold up with kids & a husband that likes to eat in front of the TV?

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Nice! How I'd love a velvet sofa- sigh.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I'm craving velvet in my home right now too... I was wondering if it was a winter whim... but maybe not!

nkp said...

Oh lord, velvet roll arm. So good.

My Beautiful Life said...

Love that third couch. I would have to keep the microfiber though. I am constantly wiping up all sorts of interesting gooey stuff like chocolate milk mustaches & pb finger markings. Forget cave painting when a beige-ee cream couch will do...

My Interior Life said...

I just got the S&L catalog the other day and also drooled over their sofas. You can't go wrong either way, but yes, velvet would be lovely.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

velvettttttttt.

also i had a dream about you last night. no, not a sexy dream...we were hanging out and having a good time.
sounds super boring but it was really an awesome dream.

Post a Comment