Word on the street is, Mancave: Out, Momcave: In.
As I see it, a Momcave is a space devoted to the imagination, relaxation, and fancies of the woman of the house. That woman need not literally be a parent, as almost all women are mothers to someone or something - even if it's a houseplant!
In my mind's eye, my Momcave would be part sitting/reading area, creative workspace, with a little corner exercise studio - a place where I could capture the fertile ideas that always come up during the monotony of the treadmill, and bring them to fruition - a living mood board, if you will.
As I see it, a Momcave is a space devoted to the imagination, relaxation, and fancies of the woman of the house. That woman need not literally be a parent, as almost all women are mothers to someone or something - even if it's a houseplant!
In my mind's eye, my Momcave would be part sitting/reading area, creative workspace, with a little corner exercise studio - a place where I could capture the fertile ideas that always come up during the monotony of the treadmill, and bring them to fruition - a living mood board, if you will.
It would be inspired...
..but organized
warm...
...but whimsical
How about you? Give me your dream Momcave!

I've got mine - our living room. It's perfectly decorated and no one is allowed in but me and the cat. Its sole purpose is the enjoyment of design magazines and books:
ReplyDeletehttp://tinyurl.com/y6d34x4
I think it's a great idea!
ReplyDeleteA cozy little nook with a comfy chair and ottoman, a great lamp, and a cashmere throw blanket. One or two handsome men to bring me cheese and crackers and an endless supply of vanilla lattes.
ReplyDeleteI definitely want one! Love the idea!! Mine would be a cozy spot to read with a nice little desk to scrap and a nice closet to organize all those scrapbooking materials!
ReplyDeleteI think you´ve captured the momcave perfectly :)
ReplyDeletemy mom cave would have a big table, a comfy loveseat, a big window... I would have an unlimited supply of fabrics and a teacher I could call on to help me use them.
ReplyDeletei just want my bedroom to be my mom cave.
ReplyDeleteand it is not the way i want it to be yet.
but simple and clean and pretty and quiet are the only prerequisites.
I'm working on my mom cave right now... my home office!
ReplyDeleteIt includes a bed/sofa with lots of bohemian type pillows, black walls, a big inspiration board and a pink desk.
Oh I forgot... a bed for my baby (pug)