Blogging tips

Craving: A Suh-WEET Sofa

Yesterday, my husband said to me, "this room would look a lot better without this [kids'] table in it." To which I replied, "this room would look a lot better if we didn't have that puke couch."
The sofa I speak of is a putty-colored, "ultrasuede" unit I bought eons ago for my apartment. Considering its department store, bargain price, I should be grateful it has held up to all these years of abuse, and I am, but I'm also well beyond the point of craving something just a tad more stylish. Something say....like zeeesh

yellow tufted sofa simply grove
Vibrant = the perfect anecdote to our putty blahness

white tufted sofa french arm chairs elle decor
Small but elegant. Well, I can dream, can't I?

tufted tete a tete via thirteen and south blog
Tête à tête, anyone? (yeah, now I'm really dreamin')

tufted sofa via decorpad
Pure white and tufted. I must be out of my mind, but it's sooooo glorious!

sofia coppola on english roll arm
Hey, Sofia! Get out of my gray English roll-arm!

yellow velvet sofa via decorpad
Jenna's sofa. Seen it a million times - never get tired of it.

sofa and suzanis via decorpad
Well, hey there, YOU. Yeah, YOU, formal sofa with an "I'm still comfy" vibe. In the words of Prince, "I wanna be yo luvah." Ditto for the giant, framed suzanis. Another thing I still revere.

slouchy linen sofa via decorpad
Squishy, linen slips - the ultimate in casual comfort.

Warm, modern living room: Noguchi 'Prismatic' side table
Oh the choices...good thing I probably won't have to worry about making one anytime soon.
sources: simply grove, thirteen and south, decorpad, flickr

17 comments:

Raina Cox said...

I definitely see a theme there - tuft-y, rolled arms, and casters. Go for it!

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

oh boy... we DEFINITELY need a new couch. But with the kids still 3 & 6 I don't know if I dare! I was just thinking the other day that YOU could breathe some life into our living room. Hmmmm... maybe in the next year or so (I'm thinking slip covered options from IKEA for easy cleaning!).

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

mmm tuftedness gets me everytime. and you don't have to fluff!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

There is a blue velvet tufted sofa in my future-after the kids and doggie are no longer living here! I love the white one.

Hill Country House Girl said...

You are so funny and cute. When my husband married me and my daughter, he had a teal leather tufted sofa. My daughter was a toddler and was so proud one day when she had poured her milk into each of the little "holes" as she called the tufted parts.A true test of what was really important to him, fortunately he saw the humor in it! We still have that sofa many years later and I keep trying to make it fashionable and cool. Not sure if it ever will be, but it has withstood tons of kids on it. Good luck with your quest - one thing for sure, you have great taste!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

puke sofa, love it.

I cried last week after furniture shopping because I said our house just didn't feel fresh like the stores:)

bless my husband's heart

my favorite and my best said...

i love those english roll arms with the tufts.

Babs Blog said...

This might be my most favorite sofa post ever. :) The yellow one totally sings to me...not sure I could convince the hubby of that, though...

Amy R. said...

I have a new sofa, the Rachel Sofa from The Slipcover Company. I really love the look and the comfort, but I should have bought leather. My dogs and husband are totally destroying it. I am loving the style, just not the fabric for our lifestyle...messy lifestyle:)

Amy R.

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth said...

the two yellows are making me happy! I opted for gray when I bought a new one 6 months ago and now I'm kinda sad about my sleek Mad-Men-esque sofa. comfy all the way!

PS- thanks for the compliments on my stools :)

xo Naomi

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

Bestill my heart. That first couch is a thing of beauty. I hate my couch with every fiber of my being, but don't see a new one cropping up for years to come. When did I get so old that I start coveting couches?!

Jen of Made By Girl said...

Great selection of pics...i was thinking of a new couch. Even though my current L- shaped one is only a yr old!!! But these pics are convincing me! I have a white sofa....but I keep it covered...so cant fully enjoy it unfortunately.

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Globeservations said...

birthday wishes
anniversary wishes
water damage Minneapolis
engagement wishes


Globeservations said...

Great article, thanks for sharing! Here is a collection of birthday messages, happy birthday wishes for husband and happy birthday wishes for friend. I hope this helps you find the perfect birthday greetings.

Globeservations said...

Check out these:
positive J words,
positive D words and
positive L words and fill your life with positivity and optimism!

jaiho said...

desi babu

Ariel said...

This is great, thank you for this article! Here are some powerful and effective free binding love spells that work fast, new moon rituals for love and free love spells that work overnight to help you achieve your goals and your dreams. Use with positive intent and love!

Post a Comment