Blogging tips

PSA: For your eyes only

This morning, my husband asked, "Are you still using that eyelash stuff?"
Me: "Yes, why?"
Him: "Because your eyelashes are out of control."

You've seen those commercials on tv for Latisse - the eyelash super-serum that Brooke Shields hocks? By the way, what doesn't she endorse, these days?
Anyway, I've never had lashes that were anything to speak of. Not especially puny, but by no means luscious. I began using Latisse sometime last year. It took about six weeks, and just when I thought the stuff was snake oil and quit, my eyelashes took off. Just as promised, first they became longer, then thicker and darker. Wanna know a weird thing, though? It didn't work when I was pregnant. Guess some bizarr-O hormone thing. Within a month or so of giving birth, I could tell it was back in business.
Yes, it requires a prescription, and yes, it's pricey BUT once your eyelashes get to the point where you like them, you can use it every other or every two days, as I do. Then, the per use cost goes down to about what a good mascara would be. Which, by the way, I rarely wear any more. When I do, it looks like I might trip over my flippin' eyelashes.
So there - a free beauty tip (and, as you can see, I have sooo many) on what I consider a true-to-hype product. Here's my results*:
...And now, you all can give ME your product picks for crow's feet and under eye circles.
*Yes, I "soft-focused" the hell out of the pic, you don't want me to keep it THAT real!
**I was not compensated in any way for this post, but if Allergan wants to comp me a year's supply of this stuff and/or a bit of botox, I'd be much obliged.

13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You lashes DO look long. It's nice to hear a real person's review of the product. Now...if you find something for the under eye circles...

xoxo
Jane

Julie said...

I have heard AMAZING things about it. I haven't used it long enough to see a difference yet, but everyone I've talked to that's used it says it's insane. I thought you weren't supposed to use it while pregnant - that's why I've been laying off the stuff!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I heard it can actually change the color of your iris?? Any truth in your eyes...hee I crack myself up!

Rebecca@Harmony and Home said...

Hi Alison! I have been thinking about Latisse for some time now. As I've gotten older, my eyelashes have thinned. I was worried about the warnings about the dark spots on the eyes, etc. But, it looks like it's working for you! Beautiful!

Lauren said...

I have been wanting to try Latisse for a while now and it is nice to hear from a real person that it really works! Thanks!

LindsB said...

they look so long in that picture! And I hope they give you a years worth of the stuff just for posting this!

Kelly Green said...

Can't say i have ever seen this but boy it looks likes it works! KG

Averill said...

Your lashes are most impressive -- didn't know anyone who'd used it yet so I'm glad to hear an endorsement from someone I trust. I've got decent lashes but LOVE the idea of tossing aside mascara for good (it irritates my very allergy-prone eyes).

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

Wow good to know this is such a great product. Your eyelashes look great!

As for the under eye concealer, I have tried them all and my favorite has got to me YSL Touche Eclat. It goes on so smooth, covers circles naturally, and doesn't crease in fine lines like so many other concealers I have tried in the past. You should definitely try it!

Here's a link:

http://bit.ly/dfeadE

Kelli said...

Thank You for the tip...I have recently discovered the wonders of Strivectin...it's pricey but I'm laying off some other things to justify the purchase. It's making my just-turned 35, spent too many summers as a teen suntanning at the lake, stressed out skin look...much more Fresh!

my favorite and my best said...

i so want botox between my eyebrows...did you notice my lines of hate in the video? bc frankly that's all i could look at...and i am intrigued by this latisse stuff....do you just rub it into your eyelashes and then watch that shit grow?

Chelsea said...

WOW! I've had 3 friends use it with pretty severe side effects...I'm happy it is working for you!
Personally, I'm an Arbonne addict and they have an eye lash enhancer that WORKS (I've been using it about 2 weeks and the results are unbelievable and it's like $35 a pop). Also LOVE their concealer and eye cream...you should look up a consultant in your area.

Chelsea said...

WOW! I've had 3 friends use it with pretty severe side effects...I'm happy it is working for you!
Personally, I'm an Arbonne addict and they have an eye lash enhancer that WORKS (I've been using it about 2 weeks and the results are unbelievable and it's like $35 a pop). Also LOVE their concealer and eye cream...you should look up a consultant in your area.

Post a Comment