Blogging tips

I couldn't resist

I've been on the lookout for a new diaper bag. Since my diaper bag also functions as my purse, I'm very keen on it not looking like a traditional baby bag (no Vera Bradley, puhleeeze! ) When Avery was born, I splurged on this leather Storksak, and it has served me very well (I highly recommend it, btw).
However, I couldn't resist today's One Kings Lane sale on the canvas and faux leather "Avery" bag from Liv + Co. I think it passes the not-so-mommy-bag test, do you?
Even though it wasn't expensive, I'm supposed to be on a spending hiatus, so don't tell Ben!

Hey, at least I didn't buy the precious, hooded towel by Tourance kids - restraint at its finest, right?!

**UPDATE: Busted**

12 comments:

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

I LOVE the bag! So chic and perfect for all the mom goods!

Benjamin said...

Sooo busted!

The Southern Lady said...

What a great bag, Alison! A mom sometimes needs a little pretty pick me up (even if it is for the kiddos). What a great find-I'm sure Ben will understand.

Raina Cox said...

That's GORGEOUS.

One of the happiest days of my life was when I finally ditched the diaper bag.

Lindsey Encinias said...

I've been on the SAME hunt! Imagine that...
Love this bag. So hip and not so mommy looking. Not into all that putunia pickelbottoms stuff. Too much. I just ordered the Nest Hudson. Hope I like it as much in person as I did online. Keep ya posted!

Fran said...

I saw these too! Sooo adorable.....glad you got it!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

hahaha "Update...busted" I am supposed to be on a spending hiatus as well, and that junks rill hard, esp when you constantly are looking around the blogosphere at great junk that you want!

Kirsten said...

Too funny...I love the busted update. But I can see why when you found a bag that is so cute!

Averill said...

I like it! It's classic, very Ralph Lauren. Totally incognito as a diaper bag.

Abbie said...

Too funny... I bought the one you used to have, but I was thisclose to buying the one you just bought when it came up on OKL! I had to really restrain myself.

The Zhush said...

Great choice! Lovely (not diaper) bag!

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Oh, I love it. I recently splurged on one I found via Katiedid blog that had patent and caning....very unique and I've gotten so many compliments...I feel so much better than when I am toting my brown skip hop....6 months pregnant...unfortunately I've got a few more years of diaper bags in my future. I had to laugh this AM when my daughter found a little LV clutch in my closet....amazing how little one needs in their purse pre kids. I think I'll pull it out for date night tomorrow night. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment