Blogging tips

'round Dis Houzz

Pffeewww! That's the sound of me coming up for air - you know, like a whale spewing out its blowhole? I guess it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that posts around MLHP will be fewer and further between for awhile, what with new baby routines, etc, etc.
HowEVAH, when I DO get a chance to put something up, I'll certainly try to make it worthwhile.

A few Orders of Business, first:
  • Thank YOU for the sweet and complimentary comments on the blog's new look. I'm thrilled with how it turned out, and can thank Jessica Graves of Front Porch Studio for so cleverly deciphering my ideas of a what a clean, elegant, and above all, happy new home for MLHP should look like. Thanks again, Jess!
  • There's still some detail work being done on links, but if you have any major problems with seeing images, etc, please let me know.
Now...I hope you haven't forgotten about my little redo project over at Mrs. Mary's casa. We've got the bulk of the room together, and even had an impromptu install/pizza party Friday night. I know you must be ready for something more than teaser shots, but I feel confident saying this project is worth waiting for the full effect. On that note of frustrating teasers, here's a few more details from Friday night's session...

Remember this chair from Overstock? The Before.
DSC_1161
...And after a little alignment hygiene in the upholstery department...
DSC_1403

DSC_1408
Better, huh?
Making Mary the Queen of her Casa
DSC_1405
My "design assistants," hard at work
Other than that, just a lot of Monkey-See, Monkey-Do going on around here...
DSC_1368
...and otherwise, trying to soak it all in...
DSC_1396

29 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I have a series of congrats to give you Allison, you have a gorgeous baby! What a gorgeous blessing!!
The new blog looks great, well done! and the chair is amazing!! yay for all!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous baby, gorgeous room re-do! Can't wait to see the rest. The design assistants seem to be taking their roles very seriously...I like it!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Such a sweet precious baby. Love the look of the chair. Just gorgeous. Blog looks fabulous too. Hugs, Marty

Lavender and Lilies said...

Congrats! The chair looks great!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Sweet sweet Isla! And I LOVE the monkey see pic!!

You blow my mind...decoratin' and feedin'...

Feel free to come up for air any time!

bluehydrangea said...

love the new look and that chair is amazing!!! Baby is beautiful!!

meaghan said...

looovah the new blog! but still not as gorgeous as the new little one ;)

ms. less is always more said...

What a sweet little baby! I love the new blog skin... looks great!

Alexandra Rae said...

Your blog does look beautiful. I just love the shot of you and your girls. My older one (10) just brought me sugar cookies she made from scratch. You'll be amazed at how old the first one becomes once the second comes around. (I still have to remind myself she's a little girl too--I only see that when she's around teens.) Oh and Love the chair.

Simply Mel said...

Beautiful blog re-design, but then again, I didn't expect anything less from you! :)

Love the 'monkey see monkey do' photo!

Kirsten said...

Cute, Alison! You are so very talented, I think it will be fun to see the whole room together. That pic with you and Avery feeding is a classic!

Sarah said...

Lots of congrats due your way. Your baby girl, beautiful. The chair, great fabric, love how it all came together. As for your new blog design, perfection. I love the graphic used, oh so chic. I am newer to your blog, it is such a treat to visit.

Minnie said...

That photo of you with your little ones is adorable. You all look so happy. Can't wait to see that redo. The chair looks fabulous!

Minnie said...

That photo of you with your little ones is adorable. You all look so happy. Can't wait to see that redo. The chair looks fabulous!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Lookin' good round here! I too am using Jessica!

Morning T said...

Oh Alison that pic of you girls feeding your babies is just too precious!!
Love you new header too and of course your newest addition is gorgeous.
Hugs~
T

my favorite and my best said...

oh goodness..there is a lot of goodness going on here...a lot...
chair, baby, sliver of cowhide over sea grass...yums.

LindsB said...

I just LOVE the new look!! What a fun change. I also love the new look of that chair- what a fun fabric choice!

Leah said...

AMAZING chair! Way to go! Just found your blog and it is so sweet!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Omg how cute are both you and Avery during feeding time. Love it!

Plus I love how Mary's room is coming together!

Design Darling said...

the baby is SO cute! and the chair... and i know i'm a little late on this but the blog too... bravo!

Anna Liesemeyer said...

what a precious baby!
I am just loving your blog! Cheers to another mom blogger!

Sarah - La Jeune Marie said...

OMG she is so stinking cute I cannot handle it!!! And, LOVE your new layout - the blog it beautiful!!

Blueprint Bliss said...

Love the chairs.

And the girls are precious!

Averill said...

OK so in order of important:

1. Isla is GORGEOUS. More pictures!!
2. LOVE the new look for MLHP -- esp. the trellis background. Reminds me how sorely OetA could use a spruce up.
3. Chair looks O-M-G fabulous. Can't believe you scored it off Overstock. Where'd you get the fabric?

MyLittleHappyPlace said...

Hey Averill:
Thank you for the sweet comment! The fabric is "Spicer Hvy Basket" from the ikat section off lsfabrics.com

Hope that helps!
ag

sara said...

Happy Mother's Day! (Oh, and the chair makeover is fantastic!)

table lamps said...

Wow, I love the chair.

The Rural Socialite said...

That chair is seriously gorgeous. I've been wondering about buying a thrift store piece and having it reupholstered. Do you think it's worth the cost, or would I be better off just buying an pre-fab chair?

And, gorgeous baby!

Post a Comment