Blogging tips

...All tied up with string

Do you plan your gift wrap? I'm a bit of a packaging snob, myself. I certainly feel that the effort to put together an interesting wrap ensemble constitutes part of the gift. I tend to go with gift "themes," but the last few years have stuck with a classic, solid glossy red paper with white, wide, double-faced satin ribbon that is easily reusable. Until today, I really hadn't thought about what sort of gift packaging "look" I'd go for, but since I forgot my stash of ribbon in Brazil, I'll be changing things up a bit. I must be in a no-fuss kind of mood this year, because this brown parcel paper/red baker's string combo is striking a chord...
However, going simple doesn't necessarily mean going lame. There's always gift tags to help dress up a package. I could spend hours perusing paper goods... Found every look you can imagine on Etsy - some faves I'm considering (and, clearly, need to get a move on ordering!) Simple, elegant from paperandinkling
Charming, from lynchgirl
... and js design
and whimsical. From PrettySmitten
PSPapergoods
...and HenriHopper (my frenchie-owning sister needs these!)
But I really don't know if I can turn down one of these clever creations from EveryJotandTittle


























Eeenie, Meenie Miney MO!!

12 comments:

Lona de Anna said...

Some fantastic ideas...I myself am going for the brown paper wrapping this christmas..and using a range of colourful ribbons and labels..the great thing is ..your not left with rolls of unused christmas paper that you cant use til the following year. Great post!! x

Federica said...

These are soo pretty! For this Christmas I choose green, red and brown papers, you can see some photos on my blog.
Have a nice day!
Federica
xoxo

ms. less is always more said...

HEY! I am doing brown craft paper this year too! What a coincidence! Love these tag options!

Morning T said...

I never knew there were such cute tags out there! I take the lazy approach and use the cheapo stick on labels. You're making me re-think the 40 or so packages I've wrapped in the past 2 days. :-)

Style Redux 2 said...

Cute ideas!

Katie said...

Love that! I've been wrapping in white craft paper for a while now and adding to my ribbon stash! It's always unique!

Rachel said...

Just bought the js design tags! thanks for the idea. I am using craft paper on all of my gifts this year, so these will do perfectly!

Sarah - La Jeune Marie said...

YES! I am guilty of planning my gift wrap, usually it coincides with my tree decor!

Averill said...

*Sigh* I, too, am a complete sucker for great gift wrap (and gift tags!). So much so that I've already bought wrapping paper and STILL haven't bought most of the gifts! Your selection is great fun and I'll definitely be picking up a few.

Kristin said...

I decided to go with white craft paper and Happy Tape this year. The gift wrap is ALWAYS my first and favorite purchase of the season.

Haven and Home said...

Such cute tags. I love packaging!

Urban Style Vibes said...

Wow I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment