Blogging tips

Trendspotting: Samovars

I love samovars - you know, a large (typically) silver urn with a spigot? Traditionally, they are used to boil water for tea making. I think they are beautiful...

I found one a few years ago - a steal at an antique co-op. So, how tickled have I been to see them popping up as a new "It" kitchen accessory?!
House Beautiful
Crazy, crazy about this HB kitchen mix of natural elements and glamorous marble - really turns the silver samovar into an eye-catching piece of kitchen jewelry!

You may not be able to tell in this pic of a Kelly McGuill Home design, but this kitchen has two!
kitchen by Tim Clarke
I doubt they'll go the way of Kitchenaid mixers or Dualit toasters in terms of iconic kitchen gadgets, but what's wrong with a little shimma' near your stove?

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Love those! I remember when you got yours. Those white kitchens are gorgeous! What I wouldn't give to change my dark wood cabinets, oh well. Maybe in the next house.
And I learned a new word today, thanks!

Post a Comment