Blogging tips

Before & Afters

All of you HGTV fans out there know the best part of the show is "the reveal" - the part when they put the newly-fabulous room on display. It gets better when they put the comparison before & afters side-by-side. In that vein, I was searching some of my archived pics, and came across some oldies but goodies in the B & A department.










This is the dining room of our first house, in Houston. New paint, and cut-out to open up the kitchen.












Kitchen of same Houston house. Total overhaul!












Bath in NC house. Mostly cosmetic changes: paint & fixtures but huge impact!











Didn't care for the white appliances with black-base granite, so upgraded to black and stainless (got an awesome deal on that commercial stove!) Also tweaked the fixtures - notice the different faucet? (I'm kinda OCD when it comes to plumbing fixtures)

I looove seeing the transformation of a room, it just seems to come to life!
Believe it or not, when contemplating a re-do, I often begin with the details - I bought the kitchen faucet and nickel bath accessories for the NC house before we closed! My view is this: paint and furniture give a room a pulse, but details give it interest and soul!

Do you have some good before & afters? Do send!

0 comments:

Post a Comment