Blogging tips

The Mulligan: Skylar's Nursery Reveal

So, if you were sorta, kinda following me through the One Room Challenge link-up, you know I didn't quite make the deadline to showcase my One Room in all its glory.
In my case, it was my baby girl, Skylar's, nursery.
There was a snafu with the wallpaper hanger's schedule, and I was bummed I couldn't reveal with everyone else who participated, but I got over it quickly when...
It happened.
 Remember, her room is barely ten feet square - it's so tiny, it's really tough to photograph without distortion. 
I decided on simple styling - you could easily go overboard with such a small space, and why would I try to compete with that wallpaper?   The other side of the room holds the closet, and her changing table, which I'm still in the process of refinishing (read: barely sanded).
 The crib linens are the Katie from the uber-talented, Bailey and her Biscuit Homegoods.
 The Fiery Red is perfection, isn't it?
 Is that a Skylar in there?!
 
We painted the walls BM Mint Julep, and the rug was an Overstock find - it's nice and cushy, but has a major shedding habit.  The crib is the Babyletto Hudson.       
The brass floor lamp is vintage, and may I mention my husband hates it, can't understand why I'd buy it.  As Skylar gets bigger, standing up in her crib, etc, I'm sure it'll find another home.
If Ben has his way, it'll be by the curb. ;)

I'm so in love with this little jewel box of a room.
I'm even more in love with its inhabitant.
I think it's safe to say we have one satisfied customer!
 
What do you think?  Was it worth the extra wait time?

16 comments:

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Soo worth it. Wallpaper is so gorgeous it makes my heart hurt. Hubs is crazy. That lamp is bananas! Should you find yourself in a sitch where he makes you ditch - well then it would find a happy home a la Chez V. Just saying.

My Notting Hill said...

Beautiful nursery. Your Skylar is adorable. Oh, I remember my daughter when she was that size. She's 15 and today went to school as a version of Bat Man for super hero day, so cute.

bluehydrangea said...

Baby girl is adorable!! And her room is fab!!! Love the wallpaper and that lamp is my favorite thing!!

LindsB said...

love love LOVE! Its perfect for that little perfect gal!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Easily one of my all-time favorite wallpapers! Such a lucky baby and those sheets are perfection. Worth the wait! Great job.

MFAMB said...

it looks awesome! but it's super hard to compete with that nugget in the crib.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I Love it Alison! It looks amazing, such a bold look and she looks so happy in it!! Perfect!

My Interior Life said...

Of course your husband doesn't like the lamp - I can relate. Think I saw a similar one around here I kept contemplating. LOVE that wallpaper and bedding. Sweet little Skylar is the cutest though! :)

Anonymous said...

worth the wait! love the wallpaper that really makes the room special.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

100% worth it! Red polka dots are always a good idea, that wallpaper is heaven and I think the lamp is pretty killer :)

Unknown said...

Alison, sorry to be so late to comment on this beautiful nursery! So glad I got to see the finished product. I'm in love with that brass floor lamp too!!!

C a i t l i n said...

sweet wallpaper. Love that it is modern and vintage all in one -must be because it is black. I also like that the nursery isn't all matchy-matchy.

Unknown said...

The design of the wallpaper is fantastic. It was perfect to the wall for that it looks more wonderful. Home Decor Ideas

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Too bad you couldn't show everyone up during the official reveals!! So good...all of it!

pubg mobile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pubg mobile said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة مكافحه الحشرات ورش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
تنظيف الفلل والبيوت بالدمام

Post a Comment