We took a little road trip this weekend to Rio Quente. The area (Southern-Central Brazil) is known for its natural, thermal springs, and there are many attractions centered around warm-water activities. Our destination was a water park - aptly named Hot Park - to let the kids scamper in the lazy waters while the Winter air temps are mild-to-cool.
The drive was longish, but amazingly-scenic...
The drive was longish, but amazingly-scenic...
The park is like an oasis in the middle of the Brazilian cerrado (High Plains)
...and, the girls had a great time wearing themselves out
Inside the park, there's also a bird preserve. Now, I have a thing with tropical birds, not a weird thing - I just think they're incredibly beautiful, and amazingly-intelligent. Every time I see one up close, I'm more convinced I want one as a pet.
My favorite - Mr. Toucan (If I had one, I'd name him Mr. T - original, right? ;)
My favorite - Mr. Toucan (If I had one, I'd name him Mr. T - original, right? ;)
Incredible Hyacinth Macaw.
Several of the parrots in the preserve were very friendly - LOOK at his coloring!
So, I was still in "bird-want mode" when I spied this ginormous painting at a local display. Ben said it belonged right next to the Velvet Elvis, but I think it was pretty amazing - especially given the scale. I picture it in a room with large, white walls (ahem, our casa), but without other tropical references. Balance it out.
So, tell me. Am I off my rocker? Has the taste side of my brain taken a vacation, too, or could this painting steal a room? Set me straight, Peeps!
Damn girl...your road trips to south central Brazil sure trump mine to Jersey and Pennsylvania!
ReplyDeleteI think in the right room that parrot picture could look pretty kick-ass. In the wrong room, it could get pretty Golden Girls. But if you love it, get it!
WOW! Sounds like a fun time! Beautiful colorful photos.
ReplyDeleteBy the way your blog is amazing with interesting and creative contents. Keep up the great work and positives vibes.
Have a lovely weekend! =(^.^)=
Hi Alison! I know this place is really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am Brazilian and I'm following your blog.
xo :-)
http://lidialc.blogspot.com/