I couldn't find actual "before" pictures of our office/playroom, but this image sums it up very well...
Ready-made bookshelves (well, any furniture, really) are quite pricey down here, so we hired our landscaper/carpenter to reproduce some shelving units I spied in Ballard. He did a great job, although I regret using a high gloss finish. Still, at least our myriad of books no longer provide free housing to spiders, etc..
Great shelving and organization! Glad to see someone else who has books piled high to the ceiling. We have a lot of ours now displayed on the shelves of our new house, but still many are boxes up downstairs. I guess that's what happens when two English majors marry each other!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks great!
ReplyDeleteI think your shelves look great, Alison! Love that they're so full of books -- always hate bookshelves that look too sparse.
ReplyDeletethey're beautiful!! I think ben did a great job too!! (once you get your hands on them i know they're be prefect!!)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
lauren
Looks awesome! I spy law textbooks -- too funny that you moved those boat anchors to Brazil. :)
ReplyDeletewow, what a nice thing to have them built for you, they look amazing! love them so much!!
ReplyDeleteI love the shelves but I am drooling over that painting!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great shelf stylist the hubs is :) lookin good!
ReplyDeletethey look great Alison!! and the color with all the books makes for a great combo!
ReplyDeleteLovely. great book home!
ReplyDelete