Blogging tips

Living Vicariously: The New Furbish Store

It's pretty amazing when the opening of someone else's boutique gives you heart palpitations.  But that's exactly what I'm experiencing after seeing Honey + Fitz's pics from the new Furbish store in Raleigh, NC - the brainchild of decorative artist extraordinaire, Jamie Meares.

I'm more than delighted to live vicariously for a few moments as I virtually go through the store and pick out what I'd take home.  Although, it'd probably be easier to select items I wouldn't want to buy.

The entrance:  the yum factor is just getting started.
Furbish entrance 2


A bubblegum sofa. "Oh, I couldn't."  Um, oh, YES I could!
Furbish pink couch


One of my favorite vignettes:  layering art upon large, graphically-enhanced walls.  Brilliant.
Furbish swirl wall


Evidence that I need a bit more animal in my life:  leopard bowls...
Furbish bowls


...and cheetah rugs
Furbish back office


Headboard: to die for.  Ms. Meare's ability to layer and mix patterns: OFF the charts.
Furbish headboard 1

I'm working with someone who's guest bath is screaming for one of these custom, ikat shower curtains.
Furbish shower curtain 2


If you're into subdued/neutral and subtle.  I dare say Furbish is not your place, but everyone's space needs a jolt of some sort.
Furbish vignette 2


I'm due a mommy getaway trip, and I'm seriously considering a mecca-like pilgrimage from Brazil to Raleigh.   Anyone wanna meet me there?

*All pics courtesy of Dina of Honey + Fitz *used with permission*

6 comments:

La Maison Boheme said...

Okay, this is all just off the hook. I wish I lived closer!!!!

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

I'll be there in a heartbeat!!

Life of Style said...

It is pretty darn amazing, I was in there for maybe an hour and need to go back because I missed some things!

JMW said...

Oh, I would just hide out there for several hours - what a place! I adore that light fixture in the first photo.

Rebekka Seale said...

Oh, I definitely could on that sofa. Yes, yes, yes.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Yep... I'll definitely meet you there! Too much amazingness. I am totally in awe of Jamie's ability to mix color and pattern.

Post a Comment